Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gluten Free Tuna Mac

Last night I needed to make a quick dinner, and I didn't have much available.  I was also exhausted, so the thought of dragging three kids to the store or even trying to go out to eat with both a toddler and a preschooler was unbearable.  Therefore, I had to get creative and use what I had.  As far as protein, a can of tuna was the only thing not frozen.  Not the most exciting item for sure, but I managed to make it work.  I cooked a box of DeBoles Gluten Free Corn Elbow Style Pasta , drained it, and then added in a large can of tuna drained, some frozen peas (about 1 cup), some shredded cheddar cheese (about 1 cup), and a can of Progressive Cream of Mushroom Soup.  I just cooked the mixture a couple of minutes to melt the cheese and warm up the soup.  Voila, Gluten Free Tuna Mac!  Everyone liked it, and two of the kids even had seconds.



If you haven't already, check out the Progressive Soup at your local grocery store.  Several of their soups including the mushroom soup are labeled gluten free.  Make sure to check the back of the can.  While some of them are clearly labeled gluten free on the front, others only have the gluten free label on the back of the can near the ingredient list.  We also like the Traditional Chicken and Rice with Vegetables which is a nice chicken and noodle soup substitute to have on hand for days when little ones are feeling sick.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment