Sunday, January 6, 2013

Chili and Corn Bread

Growing up I always had chili with lots of crackers.  While there are gluten free substitutes for most items, I haven't found anything close to my old favorite Keebler Townhouse crackers.  Sometimes I guess that you just have to move on and create a new tradition.  Now we have chili and corn bread.

My "nothing fancy" chili recipe is just 1lb of browned ground beef with a chopped onion (I brown the beef and onions together first because I have stomach issues if the onions are not cooked completely), 2 cans of tomato sauce, 1 can of drained kidney beans (avoid the seasoned chili beans because they typically have gluten), and a couple of tablespoons of chili powder.

For the cornbread, I used the Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Corn bread recipe.  It's delicious!  Any leftover cornbread is great with jam for breakfast the next morning too.

No comments:

Post a Comment