Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What do my kids eat? Day 4 of 7

Breakfast:

Another busy morning, Dad made the kids breakfast while I was getting ready to do a lesson with my son's class.  Juice and sausage patties again since it's easy and the kids love it.

Morning Snack:

Snack at school today!

Lunch:

I made a simple pork soup for lunch today with the leftovers from the pork roast that I made yesterday.  I simply added some shredded pork, chopped onion, carrots, and celery to my pork stock with a little bit of salt and pepper.  We had some friends over for lunch today, and the soup was a big hit.


Afternoon Snack:

Yum!  Shared some banana ice cream with our friends during a play date this afternoon.  It's super easy to make and a kid favorite!

Dinner:

My kids love Sloppy Joe's.  Unfortunately, prepared sauce usually contains added sugar.  It's pretty easy to make your own GAPS legal using this recipe.  The first time I made it though my kids picked around the peppers and onions, so I started making the sauce in a separate skillet and pureeing it in the blender first to get rid of any chunks before adding it to the ground beef.  Works like a charm for picky eaters!  Now it's one of their favorite meals.  I made these Coconut Flour Biscuits to serve with the meal.  I just substituted honey for the agave to make them GAPS legal.  While the Sloppy Joe sauce has strained tomatoes, peppers, and onions, it never hurts to add some more vegetables.  I just warmed up some organic frozen peas.


Bedtime Snack:

The kids had some frozen berries again tonight before bed.  Easy and nutritious is always a good thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment