Thursday, February 13, 2014

What do my kids eat? Day 5 of 7

Breakfast:

Our juice this morning was made with beet, carrot, and apple.  I made butternut squash and Sunbutter pancakes.  I just use 2 cups cooked butternut squash, 1 cup Organic Sunbutter, and 4 eggs to make the batter and cook on a skillet with coconut oil just like regular pancakes.  I added 1/2 a banana and and handful of blueberries to eat kids plate to help fill them up.

Morning Snack:

Snack at school today!

Lunch:

We finished up the pork soup today for lunch.  I follow the motto, "Cook once, eat twice" or maybe even three or four times.


Afternoon Snack:

I surprised the kids this afternoon with an early Valentine's Day treat.  I made a variation of these 3-Ingredient Energy Bars with 1 cup almonds, 1 cup dates, 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, 3T of cocoa powder, and 2T coconut oil.  I formed the mixture into small balls and pressed them into heart shaped candy molds.  All of the kids loved them!

Dinner:

I was able to get one more meal out of the leftover pork roast by making some homemade BBQ sauce to serve with pulled-pork and adding some steamed broccoli.  I just made 1/2 batch of the BBQ sauce which was more than enough for dinner tonight.  I have tried to save leftover sauce for later use in the past, but it didn't keep well.


Bedtime Snack:

We had a warm, delicious treat before bed tonight:  baked pears with honey, coconut oil, and cinnamon.  I used this recipe as a guide, but I did not peel the pears.  The kids also had a glass of coconut milk with their treat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment