Monday, November 12, 2012

Must Have Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cookies have always been my expertise.  In fact, I'm not allowed to show up to a family event without them.  I have to admit that giving up gluten filled cookies was probably one of the most difficult aspects of changing my family's diet. Not only do I love cookies, but cookie making had been an important tradition that I shared with my children.  I tried many gluten free recipes to satisfy my chocolate chip cookie cravings, but many of them either tasted odd or didn't have the right consistency.

Check out my update to this post:
Update to Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe 

Here's the best recipe that I have found so far:

Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies


With just a couple of tweaks, I have been able to enjoy chocolate chip cookies once again with my kids.  I substitute potato starch for tapioca starch because I don't like the taste of the tapioca starch (same quantity). I've found that it is what gives many of the gluten free baked goods a funny taste. I also use 1% milk because I don't keep whole milk on hand, and it works fine. It's important to chill the dough well as the recipe says (I put it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes) or they won't bake right.



No comments:

Post a Comment